Sunday, May 18, 2014

Beach Weekend

Olivia's latest "Oh, I have an idea" was:  "Oh daddy, I have an idea. We haven't been to the beach in a while. Maybe you could take me this weekend?"

We laughed and said maybe. But, as I got into work that day and checked weather for that weekend, I realized it was going to be a gorgeous weekend. Matt and I decided we would just drive to Galveston for the day on Saturday. As I was talking to some of our friends who have a beach house in Galveston about the best places to go, they suddenly offered that they were not going to be using their house that weekend so we were welcome to it. We gladly took them up of their generous offer and treated ourselves to a fun, much-needed relaxing weekend in Galveston!

Olivia made herself right at home and it took her about 1 second to completely relax and she spent the entire weekend in the best mood. She loved exploring the house, borrowing the toys, eating outside, going to the beach, and sitting by the pool. And, as much as Matt and I loved seeing her so happy, I've got to admit that the best part for us was that she slept till EIGHT O'CLOCK on Sunday morning. I don't know whether it was the sun, the salty sea air, or a fluke, but Matt and I are now in the market for a beach house ;)













No comments:

Post a Comment