Monday, May 26, 2014

Slave for Fashion....and Frozen


Okay, I will admit that I am “girly.” But I like to think of myself as easy-going and not high maintenance (others may disagree…they are wrong). ;) However, my daughter is one little diva. (You may say this is my fault….again…you would be wrong) ;)

She recently caught a nasty stomach bug that turned my usually happy and silly girl into a pathetic little mess. She laid quietly on the couch (which she NEVER does), she said she wasn’t hungry (again, never happened in her life) and she asked if she could take a nap (never happened before and we are guessing will never happen again).  

But, that bug didn’t steal all her personality, although she was sick, she remained true to the 2 Fs that she lives by – Fashion and Frozen.

After throwing up, I went to her room to get her a new shirt and grabbed an old Texans shirt from last year. I brought it out and she immediately freaked out because it is (1) a shirt and not a dress and (2) blue instead of pink/purple. After some convincing, we got the shirt on her and got her cleaned up. She went back to lay down and Matt and I put the dirty laundry to wash and did a quick Lysol of the house. When I went back to sit next to her, she couldn’t take it anymore. She looked at me and said “Mommy, I don’t like this shirt. Okay? I get a new one. Okay?” So, we went and got her a pink shirt and she was happy.

A few hours later, we were sitting down watching Frozen when I hear “Oh mommy. I got to throw up.” She runs to the bathroom, I follow her and help her. When she’s done, she looks up at me with tears streaming out of her eyes, throw-up on her mouth, and her hair all messy and says “I missed when she took her hair down!! Mommy!! Rewind it!!!” Ridiculous.

And finally, on Monday morning, I innocently suggested that she could just stay in PJs all day since she was sick and staying home from school. She looked at me as if I was an idiot and clearly said “No mommy! I need to wear a pretty dress.” So we picked out a pretty dress, put it on her, and she spent the rest of the day like this.


Luckily it was a quick bug and she was back on her feet in 48 hours!  

No comments:

Post a Comment