Monday, December 5, 2016

Continuing a Mother Daughter Tradition


When I was little my mom hosted Mother-Daughter holiday parties for us and we absolutely loved them!  We got to wear fancy dresses, invite our friends over and act like like big girls.  I have fond memories of those parties.  And, I've been thinking about doing one with Olivia for a while.  I figured this year she was old enough, so I brought the idea up to her in October after her birthday.  She loved the idea and for the past few months, we had so much fun planning together!

We had three different stations set up with activities.  A Mother-Daughter Picture Ornament station where you could take a picture with your mom using Olivia's polaroid camera to make an ornament.


Olivia and I did one before the party started as an example, so she made ones with her aunts and Mimi at the party!

A Merry Manicure station where you could get a holiday manicure.


I found these great stickers and thought they would be the perfect thing for the party.  The cuteness of a manicure without the mess of nail polish!  Sofia and her friend Marci were my helpers and did the manicures for all the littles.  They were such a big help!  And all the girls LOVED their manicures! 





And a Christmas Craft Station



And of course we had lots of yummy food, including this mulled red wine for the mamas that was a huge hit and SO easy to make!

But mine and Olivia's favorite part was the ornament exchange.  The girls all loved passing the ornaments and everyone seemed happy with what they got.







 

It was a great afternoon with sweet friends and family









1 comment:

  1. I love those stickers for the manicures! Where did you find those?!

    ReplyDelete