Thursday, December 1, 2016

Phillip is Back


We started the month of December with the return of our favorite elf - Phillip.  He brought us breakfast this morning and even returned with a brand new "Elf Door" that I thought was super cute and couldn't have been happier that it was the first thing Olivia noticed when she came into the kitchen.  

He left a funny note about how he has been playing tennis in the North Pole and is better than Matt.  O thought it was hilarious - she gets super tickled by anything competitive with Matt.



We enjoyed a special "not healthy" breakfast (as Olivia called it) on a school day while we read the Elf book.

We have TONS of holiday treats planned this month, so its going to be a busy but fun one!

Update: A little update mostly for the memory book.  Usually Phillip leaves her a little something in the morning.  I have really tried to scale things back this year, so sometimes its been a joke on a piece of paper or a note or something.  This weekend he left a box with a note saying she needed to pick out some old toys to donate so that she could make room for all the new ones Santa would be bringing.  She woke up and was less than thrilled.  In fact, she started crying.  To which I got very upset and began in with the lecturing on gratefulness and how much she has.  Matt quickly took over and took her to her room.  She came back and begrudgingly agreed to donate an old dress up costume (that I know she never even really liked).  We sort of dropped the argument and the next morning she cleaned up the entire playroom and her room without being asked.  I understood the message and accepted the apology.  Well then on Monday when I picked her up from school, she ran to her cubby and got out a bunch of crumpled papers and handed them to me with a proud expression on her face.  She said "Want to know what a sweet thing I did today?  I made this BOOK for the poor "chid-ren" to put in that box from Phillip.  I figure they would like that more than my old toys."  (insert eye roll emoticon here).  So, we will work on gratitude in 2017....

No comments:

Post a Comment